This map is an overhaul of the original Frostbite map, created by Moonkey. As part of the ET: Legacy asset creation effort certain maps are being overhauled. Those maps have been selected for their stable gameplay even in a competitive environment.
-----Changelog----- to last version: • Added missing crates • Simplified clip placement for better navigation • Overhauled general lighting • Improved colour coding of different areas inside the facility
to original: • The player is now able to stop and revert Storage Wall movement by activating the button again. • Alarm now also sounds when the Service Door has been dynamited before the Storage Wall and Main Door. • Structural mesh and VIS blocking has been improved • Visual changes have been made
It's week two of the 'RtCW Winter Storm 2020' tournament, ladies and gents, with 'Trinity v Bonkas' and 'KIH v N/A'. Once again we have the one and only MerlinatoR with the official shoutcast and Homie from 'Crossfire' providing the video highlights.
Who will grab the vital league points? Tune in to the 'RtCW' action and find out!
All 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein' fans have loved playing the the singleplayer adventure of the game and all the superb custom singleplayer missions too, created by our very talented Wolfenstein Community.
However, have you, as an 'RtCW' fan, ever considered creating your own singleplayer missions for this iconic World War 'FPS' game? The thought of doing so may seem a daunting challenge at first, but with the right help to support you through each step of the process creating your first 'RtCW' adventure would be so much easier.
'RtCW' fan and mapper, Skuzzy, (aka Matthew Weichold), has created his own website and 'Discord' channel to do just that, help you every step of the way as you learn the level designing of 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein'.
Sign up at the website, join the 'Discord' channel and take your first steps in 'RtCW' level design.
The 'RtCW Winter Strom 2020' tournament has kicked off, folks, with all the week 1 frags taking place. Catch all the action in the latest video highlights, courtesy of Homie from 'Crossfire'. The shoutcast for these opening fixtures is provided by MerlinatoR.
Virus, from the Crossfire Community, has released the details of the upcoming 'RtCW League', the new '2020 Winter Storm'.
Here's what he had to say:
"Hello everyone from the RtCW Community. First of all, I want to thank Homie for organizing the 'One Day Cup' on the 22nd of December 2019, which went pretty well, also Murkey for setting up several 'OSP' servers and not forgetting MerlinatoR, for streaming and shoutcasting the event.
The success of this event then motivated me to organize the 'One Day Cup', that took place on the 26th of January 2020, which was also successful. Now its time for the real deal, an 'RtCW League' after all these years!"
- The tournament will consist of a 'One-Group-League', with an 'all vs all' mode, with each team meeting the rest of the teams once.
- All games from the league will be played on Sundays, at 19:30/20:00 and 20:30/21:00 CET, so that MerlinatoR can provide us with his stream and shoutcast! Further streamers and shoutcasters are also welcome to join in!
The detailed rules for the league can be seen HERE (Please read the rules carefully before signing up and before every game to avoid discussions and misunderstandings!)
- Rescheduling and 'delayed games' rules are currently being discussed.
- The league will last for 9 weeks. The team with the most match points wins the league! After the league ends, the best 4 teams will compete in the semi-finals and the winners of the game in the grand final, in order to determine the Ultimate Champions and close this large event with 4 more epic games! The other 2 teams will compete for 3rd place! These games will take place the following 2 weeks, after the end of the league.
More RtCW League details and official tournament sign-ups HERE
This is Yo$hik's conversion of the 'RtCW' singleplayer mission, 'Hidden Wolf', originally created by SWEFighter, for the multiplayer modification, 'RtCW Cooperative'.
You are dropped nearby an Axis fortress, where our intelligence agents have located an entrance to a submarine hangar, containing an Axis Uboat. You must find a way into the fortress, locate the Uboat and destroy it!
Yoshik has released two more new sets of player characters for 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein Cooperative Mod'. The first pack consists of the familiar ladies of 'RtCW', but this time they're ready to take up a combat role.
The second new player pack is made up of members of the resistence fighters of the Kreisau Circle.
Yoshik has released an OSA skin pack for players to use when fragging on 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein Cooperative Mod'. The pack includes skins for Higgs, Jack and Agent One and is a fun addition for fans of the 'RtCW Coop' mod to enjoy.
Yo$hik has given us a double release of his classic 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein' adventure, 'RtCW Vendetta'. The first release is an updated version of 'RtCW Vendetta 1.3' and the second release is a brand new version of the 'Vendetta' mission which has been combined with all the superb features from Wolfetplayer's 'RealRtCW'.
RtCW Vendetta 1.3 changes:
- fixed bugs reported via our RtCW Community - Brought back the old render for lower specification computers - All cvars are now unlocked, you can create setups the way you want - Improved work for a.i. dogs - New a.i. nurse and medic characters - Minor changes in level design for better fps optimisation - Your game saves and configs are still in the 'Documents\Vendetta' path - This is the 'Vendetta 2-ready' version (when it's released this version will be needed to launch it)
RtCW Vendetta 1.3.1 features:
- Includes all fixes from the update for version 1.3 - Fully synchronised with latest 'RealRTCW 3.0' mod build, with all features (recoil mechanic, new weapons and hand models, new difficulty level Realism mode, etc.) - New holdable items, "Morphine" - For this update your saves and configs are now located in the 'Documents\RtCW Vendetta' path
Return to Castle Wolfenstein and the striking similarities between it and the classic World War II espionage adventure film, 'Where Eagles Dare', have lead many 'RtCW' fans to believe that the game was actually heavily influenced by this superb cinematic production.
The film is set in the practically inaccessible castle known as the Schloss Adler, situated in the Bavarian mountains. Allied agents must infiltrate this castle fortress in order to rescue an American general being held captive there.
However, it's not just the setting that's similar to 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein', many of the films characters also bare a strong resemblence to those whom we see featured in-game.
# Agent 1 - Major John Smith
# B.J. Blazkowicz - Lieutenant Morris Schaffer
# Village girls Inge and Eva - Village girls Mary and Heidi
# Helga von Bulow - Lieutenant Anne-Marie Kernitser
The action-packed film is a masterpiece and one not to missed by any 'Return to Castle Wolfenstein' fan.